Obscure Poker Terms
- ANNA KOURNAKOVA -- Ace-King hole cards that ultimately don't hold up.
- CANARY -- a talkative player.
- CINCH HAND -- the nuts in Stud Poker.
- CRANBERRY -- a person who calls against pot odds.
- DOOR CARD -- the first face-up card shown during the flop.
- HORSING -- when a player giving chips to another player after he’s won a
- KIMODO DRAGONED -- getting beaten on the river by a straight or flush.
- LEOPOLD & LOEB -- a pair of Jacks.
- MALE CHEERLEADER -- four to the straight, a busted straight.
- PIGEON -- the best possible card one could draw to improve one’s hand.
- RIBBON CLERK -- a small-stakes poker player.
- STRINGER - another name for a straight.
- WINDOW DRESSING -- showing one's opponent just one of your cards before
you fold (usually an ace).
Add a Comment