Hour 1: Set Up and Run FrontPage 2000
- Page 22: There are 94 hyperlinks in the Customer Support Web you
have created for the workshop, not 87.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Q: I am confused by the illustration on Page 13 of the folder list
-- I cannot get it to appear as it does in the book. Folders appear but
files all appear to the right in a Contents of Folder window. How do
you get folders and files in one list as you show?
A: There are two ways to view files and folders. The one you are
describing above is the Folders view.
Figure 1.3 on Page 13 shows something else --
the Folders list. You can see this list no matter what view you are in.
Click the View, Folders List menu command to open or close the
Folders list. I usually keep the Folders list open at all times while
working in FrontPage 2000.
- Workshop: An example of the Customer Support Web created for this
workshop can be found at http://www.fp2k.com/workshop1.
- Exercise 1: A Project Web created for this exercise is at http://www.fp2k.com/exercise1.1.
- Exercise 2: Add the company name to the Web by clicking your cursor
on each page in Page view and typing it in.
Another technique is more advanced, but it's
useful when you know your way around FrontPage 2000:
After creating a corporate presence Web,
click the Tools, Web Settings menu command. The Web
Settings dialog box will open. Click the Parameters tab to see a
list of items such as the company's address, phone number, short name, and
long name. Click an item to change its value.
Once you have set up these items the way you
like, close the Web Settings dialog box by clicking the OK
To insert one of these items on a Web page,
click the Insert, Component, Substitution menu command.
Choose the item you want to insert from the list box that appears.