What Readers are Saying
This headline isn't entirely accurate. A more appropriate title
would be, "What Readers Who Like the Book are Saying." You won't see
notes on a page like this stating the following:
"Your book is the worst thing to happen to printed
paper since Jackie Collins. I'd burn it but I'm afraid of running
afoul of federal toxic waste disposal regulations. Don't write me
back. I don't want to be responsible for you writing anything, not
even an e-mail."
That's a fake letter (fortunately). Here are some real comments from readers:
- "I find your book thrilling, your humor helps me to get the
necessary motivation to be consistent in my learning."
- "Your book is a superb introduction to the ways of Java."
- "I'm only about 10 pages into your new book, but I had to stop
to tell you that I'm already enjoying it. You've made me laugh out
loud several times, and that's not an easy thing."
- "I just wanted to drop you a line to say thanks. Your book just
got me a promotion at work and I have several other possible job
opportunities now. I never had any programming experience except
for BASIC about 8 years ago."
- "I've read dozens of Java books and this one by far outclasses
them all. For a simplified discussion of the language and how to
work with it, this can't be beat."
- "Your humor (and the experience of learning this wacky new
language we call Java) keep me away from my friends and family and
in front of my computer at all hours. This isn't as bad as it
- "One of the few Java books that is reasonably priced for the
information that it contains."
- "I am enjoying your book very much. You have done an excellent
job writing it in a manner that makes learning Java fun. I have
already recommended this book to non-programming friend that is
interested in learning java. I think it will make a great
- "I picked up your book over the weekend and am enjoying (and
learning from) it immensely. ... Thank you and all others who make
these materials available for people to better themselves."
If you have comments pro or con to make about the book, feel free
to send me e-mail.